Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Let it sn*w!

First off, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I offer you my thoughts and prayers if it's been a difficult one.

Our own family is getting together this evening, so I spent Xmas day skiing with the IronGoddess. It was the first time on skis for the 2006-2007 season and it felt great. It was a little odd in one sense, though, as the only snow on the mountain was man made. Every other part of the ski hill was grassy. There were even little creeks running across some of the runs which would normally be snow-covered at this time. I told a friend that the only thing missing to complete with the Spring-like conditions was a little bunny hopping across the trail. Thankfully, there is currently a blanket of white lightly covering the city making it feel more seasonal. I'll take a white Boxing Day if we couldn't have a white Christmas.

No comments: