Wednesday, December 27, 2006

From holiday to vacation

At about 1:30 PM today, vacation mode kicked in again. I took some vacation time around the holidays that we were allotted from work in order to have a continuous break from before Xmas until after New Year's. For the past few days, I've been in Holiday Mode with the usual Christmas activities and spending time with friends and family. This was great as I love this time of year. Today, though, with a friend D's brunch and time with old friends, the last of the holiday events took place and vacation mode switched on again. I walked 30 min. from my place to HMV downtown and spent a decadent two and a half hours browsing various sections of the store, from movies to jazz to indie to acid jazz. It's been a while since I've taken time to just relax and wander in a record store, so this was a great indulgence. To top it off, I had 40$ in gift cards to spend. I decided to choose things that I wouldn't normally buy and picked three movies - When Harry Met Sally, Ronin, and Walking Life - and a Parov Stelar CD. I'd first happened across Parov on a groove/lounge music site called Soul Seduction and didn't think I'd ever find an import of his here. Between the find, the flicks, and the combo of gift cards and holiday discounts bringing the total for this loot to a paltry $6.69, it was a good vacation mode afternoon indeed. Popcorn and a movie to follow. Purrrrfect.


No comments: