Thursday, December 21, 2006

A good measure

Today was my last day of work for 2006. Woot! (I think you'd agree Fel, that deserves the t) Things have been hopping at work lately, so despite it only being five days until Christmas, in all the distraction and work immersion it somehow felt a little early to be bidding people farewell with Christmas wishes. RK was one of the last people I spoke to today and he told me about his method for rating how a year went. It's quite simple: how well did I eat and drink? He went on to explain that he likes good food and eating well is a sign that he could afford to splurge on occasion on nice meals, either in a restaurant or at home. I thought about the drink part and offered this: people normally don't drink alone, so drinking enjoyably means you had memorable occasions in which you shared drinks with good friends. That's definitely true for this year. From toasts at RK's and another friend's weddings, to visits to friends and from friends, and even to F and I being comfortable having a beer together, it was a good year in this sense.

A toast to a solid theory, great friends, and wishes for more of the same for next year.

No comments: