Sunday, August 27, 2006

A toast

As I sat watching a movie tonight thinking about a particular woman, I began to think of the effect of certain women in my life. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that women have had a greater effect on me than men. Some of this is likely due to the fact that I'm hetero, so women have been able to be closer to me. But even in other ways, they've had significant influence. Some of them reading this post would recognize their stamp in small things like the zebra print pillow on my couch, the glasses I'm wearing, and the a number of items in my closet. Others have taught me to sing, play the piano, and are currently teaching me yoga and providing me with wonderful, relaxing massages. Even in sports, one of you have changed the way I ski.

From Mom to kindergarten teacher to recent ex, out of deep appreciation for all you have done for me, I toast you: you've truly changed my life.

I wouldn't even be blogging if not for you or you.

No comments: