Thursday, January 18, 2007

The impersonals

I used to wonder why it either took a while to receive a response when I wrote to someone on a personals site or they didn't respond at all. I actually found it kind of rude until I spoke with F about it. She said she received about 200 emails per week! Ah. I just got off the phone with someone who, although she'd given me two numbers at which to reach her, couldn't remember who I was. Even after giving her my name and a brief description of my ad, she guessed wrong when she tried to remember my pic. She did say, though, that it could almost be a full time job answering all the mail she received. To be honest, her ad isn't one of the most catchy I've seen, either, so I can imagine that some women are completely inundated with mail. So, to you guys out there, take note: there is a lot of competition. Don't take it personally.