Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Seemed like a bad day

5:30 am
Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Or so I thought.
7:03 am
Train rumbles by. I wake up and realize that there's no going to the gym again this morning. Damn, that's two days in a row I've missed and the first bit of bad luck today.

8:30 am
I realize by the tickets left in my hand that I just paid for the bus ride with two tickets.

9:03 am
Get settled at work and realize that today's the day I replace a vacationing colleague in her role. OK, so projects on hold today.

7:30 pm
After spending the weekend in a hot bathroom doing renovations and having missed out on the morning gym sessions so far this week, I'm looking forward to an evening bike ride.

8:00 pm
Dishes done, laundry going, I'm set to go. Even remember to slip the yellow replacement lenses for my shades into my cycling jersey in case it turns dark on the way home. I think I'm so clever for thinking of it.

8:04 pm
Flat tire. Crap. Run up from the building garage to get car keys to get repair kit. Halfway up the stairs, I realize that I've forgotten the keys to the door. Double Crap. They're locked in the garage passed a security door. Have to go outside and follow a car into the garage to retrieve the keys. Get the flat changed using a patched spare. Hope it holds up.

8:16 pm
Spare goes flat. I give up on exercise for the evening and decide to put up the wall mount for holding the bike in my storage area. Well, if I don't exercise, at least I'll have done something productive.

8:49 pm
The wall mount is in place with plugs in the drywall. Hope it holds.

8:51 pm
Despite being a fairly light bike, the bike rips the mount out of the wall, screws, plugs, mount, and all.

Alright, day , you win, lol. You got me. I suppose things could be worse. No Hezbollah rockets landed in my living room today.

1 comment:

girl said...

this is awesome. we're so linked now.